Friday, July 27, 2007

Victorian Premier Steve Bracks quits

at the age of 52 follwed by Victorian Deputy Premier John Thwaites. From
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2007/07/27/1185339209648.html?from=top5
"He said he had given "everything" to the job.

"I have given everything, body and soul to this job. I love what we achieved. I couldn't have given any more than I have given over the past eight years to this state."

Mr Bracks then confirmed that family reasons were a part of his decision.

His son Nick was in the news earlier this month after he was involved in a car crash near their Williamstown home while allegedly driving drunk.

"The events of the last couple of weeks meant that I made that decision at an early juncture," he said."
We wish him good luck and happy years with his family.

No comments: