Sunday, September 07, 2014

A PERSONAL NOTE

I find that the number of visitors my blog (I do not know the numbers in Facebook. These numbers vary from time to time but they seem more  than beore) seems to be crossing 300 daily and before I mislead people, it may be good to describe my biases. I grew up during the Dulles days when the US attitude was 'If you are not with us, you are against us' and Russians were friendly to India. So that sort of bias and general suspicion towards the rich seems to be there in my background. I have spent over six years in USA and have many friends there and I do not know any Russians.I think that there is often local self organization but often threatened and washed away by global influences (It is worth pondering how Eastern Ukraine will fare now). What sort of balance can be achieved seems to be the problem. Possibly such a balance can be achieved only if some principle of subsidiarity is adopted in our constitutions. More than that I do not know. I am lost too and am just exploring.

No comments: